Western Digital Blue aka "WD Blue" storage is designed and manufactured with technology found in WD’s original award-winning desktop and mobile storage. This allows you to the drive with confidence, knowing that this storage technologies are proven and are reliable everyday solutions.WD Blue hard drives have a multitude of features including third generation SATA interface with 6 GB/s transfer rate, plus rock solid performance and ultra-cool and quiet operation. SATA cable isn't included with the item
•Whisper Drive technology minimizes noise to levels near the threshold of human hearing
•Soft Seek technology streamlines read/write seeking algorithms, resulting in more efficient operation
•1 TB capacity holds up to 200,000 digital photos, 250,000 MP3 files, and 120 hours of HD video
Drive with confidence
• We perform tests on hundreds of systems, configurations, and a multitude of platforms in our FIT Lab to give our customers the confidence that our drives will work in their systems for the ultimate compatibility. WD Blue allows you to use our drive with confidence, knowing that our storage advancements such as No Touch Ramp Load technology are proven and reliable everyday solutions.
No Touch Ramp Load technology
• The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
Upgrading your drive is easy
• WD Acronis TrueImage, available as a free download on the WD Support site, enables you to copy all your data to a new drive so you don't have to reinstall your operating system to get all the benefits of a new drive.
WD Blue storage is tested and recommended for use in desktop and All-in-One PCs, industrial applications and external enclosures where high capacity is not needed.
• Interface-SATA 6 Gb/s
• Rotational Speed 7,200 RPM (nominal)
• Buffer Size 64 MB
• Load/unload Cycles 300,000 minimum
• Transfer Rate (Buffer To Disk) 150 MB/s (Sustained)
• Formatted Capacity 1,000,204 MB
• Capacity 1 TB
• Form Factor 3.5 Inch
• User Sectors Per Drive 1,953,525,169
• Operating Shock (Read) 30G, 2 ms
• Non-operating Shock 350G, 2 ms